The Wages of Sin is Death, But the Gift of God is Eternal Life!
For the wages of sin is death
; but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord.- Romans 6:23
I thank God for his precious word. In this verse from Romans God gives us a promise. This promise is a gift of eternal life. The only way we can receive this gift is if we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. For those who do not accept Jesus and continue on in their sin will receive their just reward and that is death. This death is the casting into the lake of fire.
Once you’ve accepted Jesus, your journey is not over yet. You cannot accept Jesus and return to your worldly life. You cannot go to church to worship God then return home to your sinful ways thinking you can depend on Jesus’ power of forgiveness. Remember your next hour is not promised. Death is a thief in a night. You may not get that opportunity to repent. But if you are truly determined to be with Jesus again in the New Jerusalem then pray, study the Word of God, and follow Jesus all the way.
Steps towards Eternal Life
1. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
2. Pray, study the Word of God, and seek Him for wisdom and understanding
3. Learn as much as you can about God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
4. Be baptized. Be emerged into a body of water and come up a new creature.
5. Find a church that preaches Jesus Christ and who keeps the Ten Commandments of God faithfully.
6. Follow the Ten Commandments and follow Jesus’ examples
7. Adapt to the new lifestyle of being holy. Rid of the sinful, worldly ways and stay before God 24/7
8. Preach and teach to others. Call others to join and show them the peace they would receive if they turned their life over to God.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.- Romans 8: 35-39 KJV
Written- LeQuita C. Harrison